Saturday, June 23, 2012

Suspension goes in.

I spent the past day or so putting the front suspension back together. I now remember how much of a pain it is replacing the front bearings and dust seals. I was struggling to get the new rack boots on the rack while it was in the car and I remembered my elastrator. An elastrator is used to place the castrating bands on lambs and calves and it worked a treat. The photos below show it being used on an old rack boot.
I also got the booster back on Thursday which ended up costing $600.00 to rebuild instead of the quoted $800.00. That has now found its way back in place along with the rebuilt master cylinder. The rebuild kit came from South Australia as not many people stock the 22mm dia kit- (PBR- K7339X).

Brake Booster back after rebuild.
Elastrator- closed.
Elastrator open.
Using the elastrator to stretch open an old rack boot (you get the idea).

No comments:

Post a Comment