Thursday, May 10, 2012

The fiddly bits take so much time!

I have been working day shift for the past week and a bit so progress has been down to about an hour a day. 3 days off and I'm hoping to get a bit done. Over the past week I have been completing some of the more fiddly bits like removing the paint from the door springs and fittings etc. I have also fitted the new A pillar braces which I made last week. I copied the one from the right side which was badly rusted but the basic shape was still there. I think it rusted from the back of the brace as there is little paint behind some of these areas.
Cutting them was no problem but putting in all the bends including a double bend in 2 different directions was a bit of a challenge when all I have is a vice and hammer at my disposal.
I repaired the right rear sill today which is the last rust repair to be done on the shell so i'm hoping to have the shell in colour soon. Also picked up a heap of new Stainless nuts, bolts and washers today as well. These will replace all the rusty ones, i'm sure i'll need more!

 The underside trays, cleaned and re painted.
 Some of the fiddly bits cleaned and primed.
New right A pillar brace now in place.

No comments:

Post a Comment