Saturday, May 25, 2013

Fitting up the panels.

I have fitted up all the panels on the left hand side today. With the help of my son Michael we managed to get them all lined up well with reasonable gaps. I have fitted the rear right door as well. I think the right side will be the most difficult to get correct. My panel beater is coming over when all the panels are fitted to assist in getting the panels right.
The rubber seals are a real pain as they are glued in place with only 3 locating pins near the lock on each door. I marked out where the rubber fits, roughed up the surfaces, taped up the edge where the rubber fits to stop over gluing the doors and used a good quality contact adhesive. The doors were very hard to close in the first instance but have become much better an hour later. After a few days of being closed the rubber seals will take shape and become easier.

 Left side fitted up.
 14 months to get to this stage.
Looks like a car again.

No comments:

Post a Comment