Friday, July 26, 2013

Trim completed.

I picked up the back seat from the trimmer and he has redeemed himself with the seat. The vinyl match and job is excellent. The seat is now the last piece of trim to be fitted except for the lower section of dash which will be fitted when everything else is done and working.
The steering wheel needs a bit of work to the rim. I got a quote to have the rim trimmed in leather which would have cost $500.00! I have ordered a custom made leather cover from the UK for AU$39.00. When it arrives I will fit it myself.
Update 11/05/2016.
I had intended to leave the front seats as original as they were OK. However the drivers seat split along one of the seams and in reality they made the interior look a bit shabby. So I have now had the front seats re-trimmed to match the original design and the re-trimmed rear seat.

 The back seat prior to going to the trimmer.
 Back from the trimmer.
Back seat fitted. You can see in this shot the original front seat
Which does not match the back seat. This has been rectified by
having the front seats re-trimmed.
Front seats now re-trimmed to complete the interior.

No comments:

Post a Comment