Monday, July 13, 2015

Going back together.

Been busy over the past couple of days. Its been very cold but the shed is sheltered from the wind, so work continues.
The only way I could fit the exhaust was to put the G on the hoist. That was a job in its self as I had to move the other car (Jaguar XJ-C) put the G on rollers and move it to the other side of the garage to access the hoist. A bit of exhaust cement and the assistance of my son it went on without too much drama. Then while it was up in the air we filled the gearbox with Castrol VMX 75/80 gearbox and transaxle oil.
The next job will be to fit the webers. These were rebuilt about 12 months ago so shouldn't be a problem when the car is started (I hope).

 Shot of the underside showing the muffler now in place.
Love my new hoist! 
 Still have plenty of room to work underneath.

Engine bay coming together. Heat shields, 
alternator, starter and exhaust all fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment