Monday, July 4, 2016

Weber hassles.

I have been having some hassles with the weber carburetors since the G has been running.
First the bottom bowl covers are leaking and the carburetors will drain so when I park it I need to place an old towel under the carbies. It uses more fuel than my V12 Jaguar so there is a problem with the jetting or something. My mechanic has ordered new neoprene gaskets for the bottom bowel covers and new idle jets as it is running a bit rich.
This morning I removed the top cover to check the float levels and they are within tolerance being 5-11.5mm, mine measure 5.66mm to 14.08mm so they will need adjusting. I also removed the needle and seat to check the size, it should be a 150 (1.5mm) some people use a 175 which will over fuel. I removed the needle and seat but could not find a size anywhere on it.

 Checking the float level.
 Needle and seat (rubber tip).
Note the empty bowl due to leaking bottom bowel gaskets.

No comments:

Post a Comment