Thursday, August 23, 2012

It can't be done!

Both front door trims were badly water effected and for reasons I'm not quite sure of I took them to a motor trimmer to have new cards made and the vinyl put back on. Well. It can't be done I was told! The vinyl won't come off the old cards because when the design is put on the vinyl it glues to the card, the chrome strip at the bottom will fall off, the sky will fall in and we'll all be killed. I don't like the can't word so I bought some Masonite and armed with some contact adhesive, jig saw, the hole punch set and the staple gun I made new cards and used the original 44 year old vinyl and the sky is still up there. Having said that some very nasty clouds are here now and it is raining heavily so maybe he was right! You decide.

 You can see how badly bent the old card is in this photo.
The old card with vinyl removed.
New card marked out. 
 Old vinyl glued and stapled in place.
The finished trim.

No comments:

Post a Comment