Tuesday, December 25, 2012

Dash Top.

25/12/12- I picked up my dash top and lower sections including the ash tray front on Christmas eve. It took 4 months to have it done.
It is sitting on the dash at the moment and I'm not sure how it will fit as yet.
I dropped into S.K's place the same day to have a look at his wiring. Looks like I have the front correct and I found what goes where in the engine bay.

26/12/12- The dash top is now fitted. It took a while to get it as correct as I could. When I took it to be re covered it was in poor condition and had shrunk around the corners. It still is a bit small in the corners however I placed some vinyl in there to cover the gap. The right hand side is not square so the fitment is not as good as I would like it but most people wouldn't notice it. Hind sight is a wonderful thing, I should have taken my R8 dash top for him to use as a template for the corners as it is in good condition.

 Before.
After
 Fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment