Saturday, December 1, 2012

Wiring Loom.

The wiring loom arrived back from Victoria yesterday. All the wires to the engine bay have been replaced, lots of new plugs fitted and re wrapped in the original grey vinyl. I have fitted the loom up to the dash and instruments and run the small loom for the interior light etc. The next job which will be the most difficult will be replacing the loom back into the car. I remember all too well putting a new loom into my last Gordini and it was by no means easy. I will start at the left A pillar and pull the harness to the rear which I think will be the easy section then starting on the right A pillar feed the front harness into position. This will all have to wait a week or so as I am recovering from a bout of infected sinus at the moment and as from Monday night I'm back working nights for the week. Oh the joy.
 Re-fitting the harness to the dash and instruments.
Lucky I kept some good notes.
 The dash back together.
The section of loom to go to the rear of the car.
Pulling the harness into the front of the car.
 The dash is finally bolted into place for good.
A little tidying up of the harness is required.
The steering wheel will have a leather cover made for it.
Running the harness across the front.

No comments:

Post a Comment