Monday, September 16, 2013

Bumpers are back.

I got the bumpers back from Albury the other day unfortunately they forgot to pack 2 of the over riders, 1 front and 1 rear. The offending over riders arrived today in the post. The chrome and repairs made to the bars is great and they really make the car look good. I have fitted both bars now and the front one was no easy task lining up the bolt holes through the chassis rail and the 2 brackets. I'm very happy with the rear bar fitment but the front center section is a bit out.
18/09/2013.
I removed one of the left bolts and using my die grinder I elongated the holes in the bumper bracket a few millimeters and moved the bumper into the correct position. Now the front bumper is dead straight like the rear one.
I'll be sending the engine off soon to be rebuilt. Meanwhile I'll get some tyres fitted to the Cosmic's and finish fitting the brakes so when the engine is fitted it should all be ready for rego, (in a few months).
 Prior to being re-chromed.
Re-chromed rear bar fitted.
 Front bar ready to be fitted.
Front bar fitted. 

No comments:

Post a Comment