Saturday, January 30, 2016

Its back.

I drove the G home today from the mechanic, about 5km. Considering it has not been driven for 20 something years it went OK. I went through all the gears and the box was quiet and direct. It needs a wheel alignment but it appeared to drive straight.
I spent most of the day putting things back together that the auto electrician had removed and cleaned a lot of dust out of the boot (trunk). The water temp gauge is not working so I will need to look at that, also I will need to replace the NOS water pump with a new one I have. I think the fellow who repaired the gauges set the speedo to KPH as I was doing 60mph on the speedo and was actually doing no more than 60kph.
Here are the up to date photos showing the completed car 4 years after I started.
From this in 2012.
 Passed roadworthy inspection ready for registration.



 Dash is incomplete at the moment as I have to check
why the temp gauge is not working.

No comments:

Post a Comment