Monday, February 8, 2016

High tech suspension adjustment device.

The front suspension is sitting a bit high and I have been thinking about some shorter front springs, until I was talking to some of the "In the know" Renault guys who said the suspension needs to settle. I was told to loosen the bolts in the front suspension and allow the car to come down then to weigh it down and re-tighten. I placed car stands under the ball joints and loosened the bolts. It came down 15mm just with that. I then used my newly developed high tech suspension adjustment device as in the photo to add some weight. Once I had it down by about 50mm I re-tightened all the bolts, emptied the high tech device and put the wheels back on. Not sure it has made a great difference.

About 60 kg of weight added.
Sitting just a bit lower but not much.

No comments:

Post a Comment