Thursday, April 26, 2012

The shell is almost all primed.

The weather up here has been terrible of late and having to go to work has been slowing my progress!
I had removed all the paint off the rest of the shell and carried out all but one repair which is the right rear sill which can be seen in the following photos. Today the sun was out and with no wind I decided to make hay and cover the bare metal which had all been rust treated. I was not able to get any red brown/primer so I settled for a 2 pack primer which is probably a better way to go anyway. I sanded the red/brown from the front panel and proceeded to spray the shell. All the floors inside have had the POR15 treatment and primed over ready for a coating of Cannes Blue in the coming weeks. At the same time I will paint the underside and inner guards/wheel arches.
As I didn't want to dirty my good spray gun I have been using a cheapie from Supercheap Auto which came with some other tools I bought some time ago and I might say for a $5.00 Chinese spray gun its not to shabby.

Enjoy.

 Now in primer.

I stripped the inside as well so it can all have a coat of Cannes Blue.

No comments:

Post a Comment