Friday, July 20, 2012

Panels and Parts.

If you have been watching my resto for a while you might be thinking, when is he going to start on the panels? Well you'd be right in thinking I've been avoiding them! Being on holidays now I have no excuse not to get them done. I hope to strip and repair one panel each day and then prime them all together. I have done the rear right rear panel and spent some time making sure the fit is good. The rear of the panel is where the trouble always is and this was no different. Small repairs meant poor panel fit at the back, no mind I think I have it now.
The parts I ordered from Belgium arrived today as well- front heater hoses, caliper kits etc so I will fit them up soon as well. I fitted the lights up front and the new Renault diamond as well so that section is looking good. I took all the radiator panels to have sand blasted yesterday and I hope to have them back early in the week ready for a coat of RFU gloss black.

Starting to look like a Gordini again.
 Awaiting the sanding machine and paint stripper.
Stripped and waiting for a few minor repairs and primer.

No comments:

Post a Comment