Monday, November 12, 2012

Another great old photo.

This photo was sent to me by John Sever (original owner). It was taken in 1968 when the car was only a few months old. It was taken in the Civic car park in Canberra which is now lost to a high rise building. The Gordini still has the factory supplied Dunlop SP3 Sport tires fitted. The number plates are the original NSW plates before the car was registered in the ACT.


The restoration is still in wait mode, you know, the long weight!! According the the company who has my harness it has been put on the RUSH list (ha ha). The panels I sent away for repair have been repaired and waiting for a lick of paint before they come home, hopefully soon. I am also waiting for another parcel of parts from Belgium which include parts for the gearbox, window seals, front and rear screen rubbers, pedal rubbers and axle straps. I bet everything comes at the same time and I won't know where to start.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These were the original number plates before being registered in the ACT.

    ReplyDelete