Thursday, November 1, 2012

Time to start on the gearbox.

Its time to start on the gearbox and make the shell movable again. I have cleaned the gearbox and cross member and will start to pull it apart tomorrow for re painting and new rubbers, mounts etc. You will notice in the photos it is fitted with a K Mac rear stabiliser bar which will be removed, also the axle tubes have an amount of daffodil yellow paint on them. This makes me ask the question why? My car has a documented problem with the gearbox going back to its early days (see early posts of letter from Renault Australia). It also has no racing or rally history so why the stabiliser bar? Where did the yellow paint come from? I'll post the answer here when I know for sure.

 Note the K Mac stabiliser bar.

Daffodil Yellow on both axle tubes. Why?

No comments:

Post a Comment