Sunday, November 25, 2012

Preparing the gearbox

My parts have arrived from Belgium so I have started putting the gearbox back together. I have replaced the bearings, gaskets and seals. I hope to have it all back together tomorrow and fitted back into the car. The wiring harness is finished and is in the hands of Australia post at the moment! Am I worried about that? You bet I am!!!
 Ready for a new bearing and oil seal
 Old seal on the left. I think it was still OK as the rubber 
was still soft but replaced anyway.
 Universal end cap removed. It will be repacked with grease 
before being replaced.
 Uni Joint.
 Spacers to go back in before the bearing shell.
 Repacked and ready to go back together.
 New oil seal and dust cap on the selector arm.
The box leaked from the bottom of the bell housing gasket. 
New spigot seal and gasket fitted.

No comments:

Post a Comment